Soon all of us will/may be funding these complexes all over the globe.
Colorado’s first rural complex for the homeless opens at full capacity
Tracy Harmon, Pueblo Chieftain, Jul 16, 2018
CANON CITY — A homeless 40-year-old mother of two young children had tears slipping down her face the first day she walked into her new apartment.
“It’s the nicest place I have ever lived,” said Tanya Reese, one of the new residents at Journey Home, an apartment complex for the homeless which opened last month. “I can afford it — the stress is off me — and I don’t feel defeated any more.”
Located at 250 Justice Center Road, the $7 million 30-unit complex, comprised of 22 one-bedroom apartments and eight two-bedroom apartments, is the first homeless housing complex built in a rural Colorado community.
“In 72 hours we filled all the apartments,” said Dee Dee Clement, director of Loaves & Fishes ministry which oversees the apartment complex as well as the homeless shelter and food bank across the street from it. “I don’t know that we would ever get another one, but I could easily fill another 30 unit complex.”
Reese, a former Pueblo resident who had returned home ended up in Canon City after she was not able to get help in Pueblo.
“I was not technically a resident because I had left Pueblo and they don’t have the means to help everybody, so I ended up here in Canon City and it all fell into place,” Reese explained.
She went to Loaves and Fishes for help and heard about Journey Home, so she decided to apply.
“I usually run to my family to help me, so I’ve never done anything on my own. I am 40 and finally doing something — I learned I can do it,” Reese said.
Not only did she get a place to live for herself and her children Justine, 11 and T.J., nearly 2, she secured a job at the Canon City McDonalds.
“The rent is based on your income and number of people in your family and the utilities are all included,” she said.
When Reese realized she would have a safe and secure home plus all the furniture and household items she would need, “I just cried. The community came through big-time,” she said.
Clement said a local team came up with a list of needed household items for each apartment and asked members of the community to “adopt” an apartment at a cost of $350 each to supply items such as pots and pans and dishes for new residents.
“Within four days all the apartments were adopted and people still wanted to help. So we got a big fancy grill, supplies for the community area like a coffee pot, computers for the computer lab from the school district, exercise equipment for the exercise room and local artists donated artwork,” Clement explained.
The building even has a life-skills classroom and a meeting room, which is open for use by the public.
First Stitches, which has stores in Canon City and Pueblo, galvanized local quilting groups and were able to donate a new quilt for each apartment. On the way are five sewing machines which Clement said can be used to teach residents to sew and, perhaps even, create something they can sell to generate income.
For resident Jimmy White, 68, and his dog Tank, 13, a tiny Chihuahua he jokingly describes as, “48 ounces of fury,” living in the new apartment is a vast improvement over the 17 months they spent living in his van. He ended up homeless when his roommate who was renting him a room was evicted.
“I had two dogs that didn’t weigh 20 pounds put together but no one would rent to me so what are you going to do? I lived in my van,” he said.
“I could not park anywhere for long without someone calling the police. I always had to keep moving and I’m too old for that crap,” he said.
For the first time since he got divorced 25 years ago, he has a place to call his own. Now down to one dog, he and Tank can live comfortably off his Social Security income.
“Tank loves it here just like his daddy. I pay 30 percent of my income for rent and I can pay my car insurance, gas for the van and my cellphone and still save a little,” he said.
The retired design and draftsman even has room for a table where he can tinker with his hobby of designing and building tiny models of barns, windmills and other whimsical creations.
“When I came here I could not believe it. I am pre-diabetic so I have improved my diet from living on the street, I sleep better — it’s great having my own place,” he said.
White said people like Clement and Central Colorado Housing specialist Amanda Allen, “have been just great.”
Clement said by following the Housing First model, the ministry helps the homeless with shelter first then it allows their focus to change to other issues such as employment, dealing with mental health issues and strengthening family ties.
Clement said when she heard of Gov. John Hickenlooper’s housing summit she organized a team that included the Department of Human Services, Sol Visa Health, the Central Colorado Housing Authority and Loaves and Fishes with the goal of trying to bring homeless housing to Canon City.
Clement said “people didn’t think it could happen — they told me these kind of complexes don’t get built in rural communities but, maybe I am naive but, I thought, I’ve got to try.”
After 15 years of working with the homeless, the past three with the goal of opening Journey Home, she has succeeded with a big boost from partner Cardinal Capitol Management, which stepped up to the plate to fund the project in exchange for state tax credits.
The public is invited to celebrate the Journey Home grand opening at 2 p.m. July 24. The event will feature a program, refreshments and tours.
It’s an acronym for Global Economic Security And Reformation Act , and has been written and refined by great minds of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries in order to reset planet earth and humanity on a sustainable governance foundation.
The following 3 items must be accomplished straight away:
1) The global and public proclamation of a global jubilee or debt forgiveness, and universal reset of planetary earth/humanity back to a universal system of common governance in transparent good standing with other member beings of the Galactic Federation.
2) Implementation of GESARA as a universal constitutional framework for global governance in all 209 sovereign nations per the signed 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change, starting with the restored Republic of the United States.
3) Mass human disclosure of both non-humanoid (extra-terrestrial) life in existence on the surface of this planet and throughout our shared galaxy.
Why is GESARA even necessary?
The existing “cabal” governing authority has intentionally and methodically hid humanity’s historical truth (including alien occupation and genetic tampering) for over thirteen millennia; and thus why GESARA implementation is necessary now, as the galactic community has been tasked to stop and reverse the momentum of such a rebellious and blatant action against the Creator Source, and human species. Together with humanity, all love warriors of the white light will now put an end to cabal deceit as well as re-institute universal truth and justice without further delay or negotiation.
What might GESARA manifest?
Below are 25 specific items, but expect dozens more.
1. Restore Constitutional Law in Republic of the United Sates of America.
2. Remove USA, Inc. administration officials and all members of the US Congress from their positions due to their continuous unconstitutional actions.
3. Forces the USA, Inc.’s President, the Vice-President, Cabinet members, and all members of Congress to leave office.
4) Suspends all elections everywhere in the world, at all sovereign levels of government.
5) Allows new Republic of the United States appointees to temporarily govern the country’s affairs until fair and legal elections can be held.
6) Allows Republic military law enforcement to physically remove or eliminate any obstacle impeding GESARA law.
7) Allows the Republic Congress to implement the natural Constitutional Line of Succession.
8) Eliminates all “states of emergency” thus declaring peace for every land abiding by GESARA and it’s alliance.
9) Forces the US military to immediately remove troops from all sovereign nations who no longer willingly accept them to reside on their soil. That includes Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and the Philippines.
10) Zeroing out of credit card balances and bank debt relief worldwide.
11) Activates the Republic’s Treasury Bank and Republic Treasury, along with a gold backed USN currency printed and overseen by the Republic of the United States and not the Federal Reserve which will now be marginalized until eliminated.
12) Federal Income Taxes lies will be abolished, as will the old tax code; and new easier, simpler and global tax code will be implemented on non-essential items. Essential items such as food and medicine, and used items, are exempt from the sales tax.
13) The IRS, FEMA, Shadow Government Lobbyists will all be jailed, arrested or worse.
14) Creates a new 17% flat rate non-essential new items only sales tax revenue for the government.
15) Increases benefits to senior citizens and makes them permanent.
16) Establishes new Presidential and Congressional candidates within 120 days after G.E.S.A.R.A.’s announcement. An interim government will quietly be put in place as to handle the nation’s affairs until new leaders can be democratically elected.
17) International Monitors will be present to prevent illegal voter ballot stuffing or fraudulent election activities of special interest groups.
18) A new U.S. Treasury rainbow currency backed by gold, silver, and platinum precious metals will be issued into public circulation.
19) Eliminates birth certificate records ato be used as chattel property bonds by the US Department of Transportation.
20) Restores financial privacy globally.
21) Resets all judges and attorneys back to Constitutional Law.
22) Ceases all aggressive, government military actions worldwide–including the Middle East.
23) Establishes peace throughout the world as monitored by the UN Security Council.
24) Releases enormous sums of money for humanitarian purposes across planet earth.
25) Enables the release of thousands of hidden patents for suppressed technologies currently held under the guise of national security–including free energy devices, anti-gravity and sonic healing machines.